Re: [xsl] Getting at original document from inside document()

Subject: Re: [xsl] Getting at original document from inside document()
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 16:41:29 +0200

Jeni Tennison wrote:

While I think this particular problems can be addressed as above, I
agree that it's often helpful to be able to get hold of the URI for
the source document, and even the stylesheet, for example to add
comments like:

<!-- transformed from source.xml by my favourite XSLT processor -->

Perhaps a base-uri() function or extending the system-property()
function:

  system-property('xsl:source-uri')
  system-property('xsl:stylesheet-uri')
Yea, it would be very convenient, but what about documents,

which don't have real uri, e.g. dynamically generated ones,

passed as string etc?

-- Oleg Tkachenko Multiconn International, Israel