Re: [xsl] Getting an image from base64-encoded data

Subject: Re: [xsl] Getting an image from base64-encoded data
From: Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:02:57 +0200

On Friday 19 October 2001 11:20, Jeni Tennison wrote:
> . . .
> You have an XML document that contains an element that contains a
> base64-encoded image, something like:
>
> <Document_Type>
>   <IMAGE xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes"
>          dt:dt="bin.base64">SUkqAAgAAAAPAP4ABAABAAAAAA...</IMAGE>
> </Document_Type>
>
> You need to get a .tif file that contains the binary data encoded
> within the XML.

An alternative would be to use Cocoon (xml.apache.org), to setup a pipeline
like this:

Cocoon FileGenerator to get the XML data
Cocoon XSLT Transformer to extract image elements
Custom (I think) Serializer to generate the image data

--
 -- Bertrand Delacrétaz, www.codeconsult.ch
 -- web technologies consultant - OO, Java, XML, C++