RE: [xsl] create multiple documents

Subject: RE: [xsl] create multiple documents
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:59:29 +0100

Joerg Pietschmann writes:
 > As everyone uses XSL now online in the server, i wonder why it's still
 > that high on the wish list for XSL 2.0.

Cos XML to HTML is not the be-all and end-all of XSLT. For instance,
the Text Encoding Inititave Guidelines are maintained as a single
giant XML document. To generate the DTD files, we run an XSLT which
extracts out all the DTD fragments into separate files. That is done
so easily (using exslt:document, hurrah), it seems silly to dress it
up in multiple transforms

Sebastian