[xsl] Passing in parameter used in matching

Subject: [xsl] Passing in parameter used in matching
From: "Katie McNally" <kmcnally9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 08:00:10 -0500

One of my pages has a field that allows the user to enter a last name and then click the "search" button. The results should display all loans that have a borrower with a last name that matches the criteria entered by the user (partial match). The name entered by the user is passed as a parameter to the XSL stylesheet. With the XSL below, the "No results were found" is displayed on the search results page, even when I enter a name (or partial name) that matches one of the borrower's last names in the XML. What am I doing wrong?

XSL:

<xsl:param name="nameSearchValue">
</xsl:param>

<xsl:template match='/'>

<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test=\"ReturnResultSet/LoanSearchSet/Loan/LoanBorrowerSet/Borrower[contains(LastName, $nameSearchValue)]\">

...xsl here creates table of loans with borrower last name matching criteria...

</xsl:when>
<xsl:otherwise>
<xsl:text>No results were found.</xsl:text>
</xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>

</xsl:template>

XML: