[xsl] Entities: The worst of both worlds :-(

Subject: [xsl] Entities: The worst of both worlds :-(
From: "Nicholas Waltham" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 19:12:54 +0200

Hello All,
 I am really having some trouble with entities.

I have an XSL which translates from one form of XML to another, I would like
to preserve the
entities in XML, but unfortunately, they are translated on the way, so they
appear as the extented
characters in the XML. I would like to keep them as entities in the target
XML. How do I do this?

Secondly, if I include enties in the XSL, they stay as entities in the final
output.

Looking at this example

<xsl:template match="escape" mode="Body"><!--Dump all extra spaces-->
<xsl:text>&amp;</xsl:text><xsl:value-of
select="@entval"/><xsl:text>;</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

I would like the final XML to have

&quot;

in for example, if the enval attribute is quot, however in the output XML I
get

&amp;quot;

:-(

Any help would be appreciated!!!