Re: [xsl] http request - unexpected characters after document end

Subject: Re: [xsl] http request - unexpected characters after document end
From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 08:54:58 -0400

If this is an ***exact*** copy of your code, and if it is correctly embedded
in a stylesheet element, then a problem is that you are missing a
parenthesis:

<xsl:variable name="httpReq" select="document 'http://www.google.com')" />

 should be
...."document ('http://www.google.com')"

Cheers,

Tom P

[Syn-Ti Ng]

I want to access an x(ht)ml file from a live site using document(). However,
no matter what URL I try, I keep getting an error about 'unexpected
characters after document end'. Anyone else had this problem?

This is the code I'm using:

<xsl:variable name="httpReq" select="document 'http://www.google.com')" />

<xsl:template match="/">
        <xsl:copy-of select="$httpReq" />
</xsl:template>

Here is the exact error:

Fatal error reported by XML parser: unexpected characters after document end
(found "N")
  Line:   2
  Column: 3
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
unexpected characters after document end (found "N"):
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: unexpected characters after document end
(found "N"): unexpected characters after document end (found "N")

I am using saxon to process the xsl.