[xsl] XMLDOM xml to html translation problem

Subject: [xsl] XMLDOM xml to html translation problem
From: Joseph Coffman <jcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 11:21:52 -0400

I've searched high and low for a solution to this seemingly simple problem. I'm using ASP on a win2000 server machine running IIS5.0 and attempting to translate an xml to html using an xslt script I have written. I have found code in numerous places doing this translation serverside using the XMLDOM transformNode method. I have attempted to copy the code but as yet have been unable to make it function correctly. Rather than printing the translated HTML, it prints the xsl document to the client browser. Included below is the actual code being used, I would appreciate any feedback.

thanks

<%@ LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" %>
<!--#include file="adovbs.inc"-->

<%
  resume_file = Request.querystring("resume")

  xml_file = Server.Mappath("xml/" + resume_file)
  xsl_file = Server.Mappath("xml/resume.xsl")

  set xmlPage = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
  xmlPage.async = false
  xmlPage.load(xml_file)

  set xmlStyle = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
  xmlStyle.async = false
  xmlStyle.load(xsl_file)

Response.Write xmlPage.transformNode(xmlStyle)
%>
At this point the client browser receives the xmlStyle page, NOT the translated page. Any idea why?

Joseph Coffman
703 284 8624
703 486 4567
BBN Technologies