RE: [xsl] Whitespace in XSL not appearing if method="xml"

Subject: RE: [xsl] Whitespace in XSL not appearing if method="xml"
From: "Eliyahu Hershfeld" <eliyahu.hershfeld@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 12:13:30 -0500

Thanks That was it.
My follow up questions are: Do I need the <xsl:text>&#160;</xsl:text> version? I seem to get the same output without the xsl:text tags.
Secondly is there a way to get visible output instead of a non visible Unicode no-break-space character so that the output  file can be edited easily?
Thanks

> > Hi,
> > My XSL has &#160; and <xsl:text>&#160;</xsl:text> in a few places.
> > I would like these to appear as &#160; in the output.
> > When I do a transform using <xsl:output method="xml"> I just get
> > an empty space instead of &#160;
>
> This would be a bug in Xalan or Xerces that needs to be
> reported.

I suspect by "empty space", s/he meant "a glyph with no black pixels".
That's the correct rendition of the Unicode no-break-space character. I.e.,
not a bug at all.

Mike Kay

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.