RE: [xsl]   vs

Subject: RE: [xsl]   vs
From: "Michael Fitzgerald" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 11:57:44 -0700

&#xa0; is Unicode and ISO 8859-1 for non-breaking space. In HTML most of us
are accustomed to using &nbsp;, but to use this reference in XML, you have
to declare it in a DTD, such as in an internal subset:

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
<!ENTITY nbsp "#160">
]>

You have options. How you use these -- &#160;, &nbsp;, &#xa0; and your
$space -- is often a matter of taste. I usually go with what will take the
fewest keystrokes over time.

See also http://dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/nbsp.html.

Good luck,

-Mike Fitzgerald