Re: [xsl] generating a repeatable unique id

Subject: Re: [xsl] generating a repeatable unique id
From: "Michael Beddow" <mbnospam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 22:39:21 +0100

On Sunday, July 29, 2001 9:33 PM
Sebastian Rahtz wrote;

> A round of applause, please, for the very excellent libxslt and AxKit
> packages which make server-side transformation a reality[1] for me.

> [1] in a way that Cocoon never was, since I never managed to make
> Xalan work with my any of my documents or stylesheets....

It's a funny old world. I use Xalan server side precisely because it's
the only XSLT processor I could get to work consistently with TEI-lite
documents and your sheets (suitably mangled to suit my own devious
purposes) in a server-side environment, originally the Java version in
Cocoon 1, then  the C++ Xalan version in home-rolled wrappers called
from mod_perl. Despite heroic and long-suffering assistance from Matt
Sergeant and the folks in Prague, there was always some aspect or other
that AxKit, or more precisely Sablotron, couldn't quite cope with, and
until recently libxslt had too many unimplemented features, though I'm
sure it's time I looked at it again.

Michael