RE: [xsl] Re: producing php with xslt

Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: producing php with xslt
From: "Evan Lenz" <elenz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:06:46 -0700

Wendell Piez wrote:
> It's interesting that your XSLT processor lets you put the PI into the
> attribute at all (doing you the kindness of stripping the angle
> brackets to
> make it well-formed, while thereby unmaking it a PI).

The XSLT spec says:

[It is an error to create] nodes other than text nodes during the
instantiation of the content of the xsl:attribute element; implementations
may either signal the error or ignore the offending nodes.[1]

The question is, what does "ignore the offending nodes" mean? I don't think
it means "insert the string value instead (a la output='text' rules)". So,
interesting, yes.

Evan Lenz
XYZFind Corp.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#creating-attributes