[xsl] Getting date of the XSL transformation into HTML output

Subject: [xsl] Getting date of the XSL transformation into HTML output
From: Ghostrider <ghostrider@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:25:41 +0200

Hi list,

I searched the archive and found many posts concerning GETTING THE CURRENT
DATE for all sorts of purposes, usually for testing the current date against
some XML content containing dates.

Which is not exactly what I need to do, it's much simpler, but I don't know if
it's possible: I just need to get the date my HTML output file was generated
and put in a footer on that HTML page.

Is there a way to do this with an XSL file without reverting to 'extension'
functions? Mike Kay suggested "passing the current date in to the stylesheet
as a parameter", but I'm not sure how to do this or what the exact syntax
would be...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Armin