Re: [xsl] Appending spaces to the string dynamically

Subject: Re: [xsl] Appending spaces to the string dynamically
From: tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Trevor Nash)
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 08:48:53 GMT

Hi Raj,

>Hi,
>	I want to append the spaces to string dynamically.
>How can I creating the string that containing the no. of spaces depend on
>input dynamically.

If you know the maximum nuber of spaces you will need, then

   substring ('            ', 1, n)

will give you n spaces - just make sure the first argument is longer
than you will ever need.

If you are trying to pad to a fixed width w, then you can do:

   substring ( concat($data, '          '), 1, $w)

Regards,
Trevor Nash
--
Traditional training & distance learning,
Consultancy by email

Melvaig Software Engineering Limited
voice:     +44 (0) 1445 771 271
email:     tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx