[xsl] XSLT to SVG examples wanted

Subject: [xsl] XSLT to SVG examples wanted
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:42:25 +0100

Hi everyone,

I'm starting to develop a course on using XSLT to create SVG out of XML source documents or data sets. The course is very open-ended, really intended to give a running start to people who know XSLT and want to leverage it in a new way, but haven't had a chance to get into SVG. Since I know a number of readers of this list are already accomplished in this area, I thought I'd take the chance to learn from you and give you some credit in return.

Do you have any examples of XSLT stylesheets or transforms that create SVG? Are you able and willing to share? I will eagerly receive and review any examples you send me. I'm interested both in straightforward stylesheets that creating SVG representations of XML data (such as bar or pie charts) and in the use of XSLT to create SVG representations such as analytical graphs of source data structures.

All examples used will be fully credited, including a URL pointing to whatever web site you designated. So you would get some exposure in return for your contribution.

Please post to me off-list (mailto:wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx), either sending examples (stylesheets and example source data) or pointing me to where they may be seen.

Thanks!
Wendell