RE: [xsl] xsl:sort - sorting according to user selection

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:sort - sorting according to user selection
From: "Chris Bayes" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 15:59:03 +0100

Bryan,
You said
>I would like to do it by using my single xsl file and getting it to call
>>itself (when a heading is clicked) and to use some kind of parameter that
>>will tell it how to do the sort.
>>Any ideas?

If you read the tutorial you will see that it does exactly what you asked.

>I am not using a single fixed XML file - the XML is being streamed to me,
>and I decide what XML comes to me by specifying name / value parameters in
>an HTML form. Your tutorial employs an XML file...

xml is xml it doesn't matter where it comes from.

You could of course do a round trip to the server to sort the columns if you
want and you would do that by passing params to the stylesheet as i have
shown in the tutorial.

Ciao Chris

XML/XSL Portal
http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml