RE: [xsl] The use of a variable in use-attribute-sets attribute

Subject: RE: [xsl] The use of a variable in use-attribute-sets attribute
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 16:46:04 +0100

> I thought I had a brainwave in creating an XSL using
> attribute-sets to match each of the different HTML stylesheet
> classes, but using a variable for the value of the
> use-attribute-sets attribute doesn't appear to work.

This attribute is one of the many places in XSLT where the value you supply
must be known at compile time.

But I never use attribute-sets anyway. It's usually just as convenient, and
a lot more flexible, to output the attributes using a named template
containing xsl:attribute instructions. That way you can use conditional
logic (xsl:if and xsl:choose) to decide which attributes to output.

Mike Kay
Software AG