Re: [xsl] apply-templates, rule-based, and saxon

Subject: Re: [xsl] apply-templates, rule-based, and saxon
From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 17:22:45 -0400

[kfricovsky]

> I am wondering why I am still getting the <title> elements from my XML
> source document in my HTML output document. I am trying to implement the
> "rule based" design method.

It's getting inserted by the default template, the one that the processor
uses if you haven;t told it to use anything else.

You can suppress the default template by putting this AFTER all your other
templates:

<xsl:template match='*'/>

This instructs the processor to do nothing if it hasn't already dealt with
an element.

Cheers,

Tom P