Re: [xsl] ordering and iteration problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] ordering and iteration problem
From: Jeni Tennison <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 09:33:51 +0100

Hi Mark,

> I know that the source XML document has enough nodes since the
> elements that I need to use the random nodes iteration hack for is a
> subset of it. I don't know for sure if the XSLT transform document
> will have enough nodes. I was just wondering why this "design
> pattern" was typically described using "document('')//node()" when
> "//node()" seemed to be more correct.

If you have "elements that you need to use the random nodes iteration
hack for" then you don't want to use the *random nodes* iteration
hack, you want to iterate over the elements. If you care about the
identity of the nodes that you're iterating over, then you should
iterate over the nodes that you care about.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison