RE: [xsl] Multiple recursive transforms using document function?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Multiple recursive transforms using document function?
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 09:18:13 +0100

> I'm having some semantic problems with how the
> document function works in conjunction with the
> xsl:apply-templates tag. I have two files:
> template.xml and dictionary.xml that I load using an
> xsl stylesheet(load.xsl) transformed against files.xml
> using the document function like so:

> BTW. The data in the examples I used are simplified to
> illustrate the problem. The real files are a bit more
> involved, but they use essentially the same idea.
> Thanks again.

I think the problem is in a part of the stylesheet that you haven't shown
us. What you've provided is perfectly correct: but you haven't shown the
rules that get fired when the document.xsl document is processed.

PS: since you're using Saxon, have you tried the -T (tracing) option? It
should make it clear what's going on.

Mike Kay
Software AG