Re: [xsl] xsl] XSL and XMLSchema

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl] XSL and XMLSchema
From: Karim Barkati <barkati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 16:29:09 +0200

Tony Graham a écrit :

> Karim Barkati wrote at 27 Apr 2001 14:43:45 +0200:
>  > Dan, you discovered my aim unless I needed to explain. I know it won't
>  > be simple, but you're right, I'd like to separate the notes from
>  > graphical representation. An XML schema should describe the logical
>  > level strictly. A system of cascading style sheets should store all
>  > typographic rules: for example, the first would contain general spacing
>  > rules, and the second local exceptions.
>
> Out of curiousity, have you looked at using the new Musical Symbols
> characters in Unicode 3.1 (see
> http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr27/ and
> http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U1D100.pdf) to represent the notes?
>
> Regards,
>
> Tony Graham
> Tony Graham                           mailto:tony.graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sun Microsystems Ireland Ltd                       Phone: +353 1 8199708
> Hamilton House, East Point Business Park, Dublin 3            x(70)19708

I already thought to use the musical symbols of the new unicode, but I
haven't decided yet if I put these symbols directly in the XML file or later,
because they are insufficiant to describe music notation, as pitch and other
things more complicated.
What does your book treat on?
Thank you for these links.

Regards,