[xsl] XPath and XLink for beginners

Subject: [xsl] XPath and XLink for beginners
From: Mark Nahabedian <naha@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:59:22 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Koray Berk writes:
 > Hello....
 >
 > The little of I know about Xpath and Xlink tells me that I need to learn
 > much more.
 > Where do I start for the basics, the concept etc.  So far whereever I
 > looked, it is too specific and confusing.

Our locak ACM chapter (Boston Massachusetts) had a seminar about XSLT
a year or so ago.  That was my first introduction to it.  I've also
been reading Michael Kay's "XSLT Programmer's Reference".  It's
important to understand the processing model first since it's very
different from any programming languages you're probably familiar
with.