RE: [xsl] conditionals not allowed at top-level

Subject: RE: [xsl] conditionals not allowed at top-level
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 15:15:37 +0100

> I trust this is an appropriate forum to suggest changes to the XSL
> specification.

Not if you want them to be formally considered - for that, use
xsl-editors@xxxxxx

> I've defined a top-level (within the <stylesheet> element) <param>
> element to control the output format.  I attempted to have a top-level
> <choose> element to select what <output> element should be generated
> depending on the value of that parameter.

The published XSLT 1.1 Working Draft allows the attributes of <xsl:output>
to be written as attribute value templates, so their values can depend on
data supplied as parameters or derived from the source document.

Mike Kay
Software AG