[xsl] xPath and default namespaces.

Subject: [xsl] xPath and default namespaces.
From: dwight funk <dfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:25:04 -0500

I'm having some problems with resolving an xPath expression on some XML that
sets a default namespace like this XHTML code.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	<head>
		<title>Testing Title</title>
	</head>

The XPath expression will not work : "//body".  Why not ?
I've noticed it works if I include an extra colon in the xmlns or give the
namespace a name.

lang="en">

I assume this is not syntactically correct and a deviation from the XHTML
standard
I've been told that this behavior is part of the xPath specification.  xPath
doesn't like default namespaces.

What is going on here ???

Dwight Funk
POWERWAY, Inc.
(317) 566-5401
MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT
IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL
AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE. If the reader of this message is not the
recipient or an employee or agent responsible  for delivering the message to
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If
immediately by E-Mail and return the original message to the sender.  Thank
you.