RE: [xsl] xsl: help (urgent)

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl: help (urgent)
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:07:58 +0100

> I am facing the the problem is in the Description Tag of the
> xml file. There
> are some links associated with it
>
> For eg. it is something like
>
> <DESCRIPTION>Search and download the &#60;a
> href=\"http://openworld.oracle.com/oowdba-wwwprd-
> apps/plsql/oow_user.show_public?p_event=3&#38;p_type=search\">Oracle
> OpenWorld 2000 technical papers and presentations&#60;/a>,
> over 250 papers
> and presentations in total from Oracle and partner companies.

By escaping "<" as "&#60" you are saying that the "<" is just an ordinary
character, it shouldn't be treated as markup. So if you want it treated as
markup, the best thing is not to escape it.

But if you don't have this option you can output a "<" by using
disable-output-escaping="yes".

Mike Kay
Software AG