RE: [xsl] passing params using asp into wml

Subject: RE: [xsl] passing params using asp into wml
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:59:52 +0100

Yes - it was simply missing 'set' before processor =
template.createProcessor()

regarding <xsl:output omit-xml-declaration="yes" />

(thanks for pre-empting 'my next question')

Ive also read that this is necessary because the parser will put <?xml
version="1.0"?> automatically into the transformed document, doubling up on
the xml declarations and causing a fault when the wml gets parsed.

However, none of my stylesheets use this but still work on the emulators I
use (wapalizer and winwap).

Is this because the emulators dont 'emulate' as well as they should, and my
wml wont work in the 'real world' without adding the above line??  Or is the
above line only necessary for certain parsers?? Im using msxml3.

andrew

<xsl:output omit-xml-declaration="yes" />
<xsl:param name="param1"/>

Ciao Chris

XML/XSL Portal
http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml