RE: [xsl] XSplit & JavaScript, JSP

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSplit & JavaScript, JSP
From: skhurshid@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:42:18 -0500

Hi David,
Much Thanks for your reply !

>XSplit contains support for scripts.  Anything enclosed in tags <%....%> or
><jsp>...</jsp> will be ignored.
>If you have other things that need to be replaced, look at the
>ServerPageTags.xml file in your XSplit directory.  You can add your own markers
>or use <script... and </script>.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any file named ServerPageTags.xml in the XSplit
directory. Also, I still can't get a simply jsp page to be split up.
I tried a very simply jsp page and the resulting xml & xsl are included in the
email below.
Notice that the xml is empty and the xsl has no jsp or html content.

I'm trying to convince management to move to XML/XSL technology and I really
need to show them that this tool works (so that we can automate the conversion).
I *greatly* appreciate your help :-)
Thanks again !
-Sher

--------------------JSP-----------------------------------------
<%@ page contentType="text/html" %>

<%
   HPSEnvironment env = new HPSEnvironment();
   env.getEnvironmentVariables(request,response,true);

%>

<head>
<title>

-- Title goes here --

</title>
</head>

<SPAN ID="psx-text2">-- Body goes here --</span>

--------------------GENERATED XSL-------------------
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='ISO-8859-1'?>
<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
<!ENTITY % HTMLlat1 SYSTEM "DTD/HTMLlat1x.ent">
%HTMLlat1;

<!ENTITY % HTMLsymbol SYSTEM "DTD/HTMLsymbolx.ent">
%HTMLsymbol;

<!ENTITY % HTMLspecial SYSTEM "DTD/HTMLspecialx.ent">
%HTMLspecial;
]>
 <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0">
    <xsl:template match="/"/>