RE: [xsl] Headers 'n Footers 'n XSL

Subject: RE: [xsl] Headers 'n Footers 'n XSL
From: "Tim Watts" <timw@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:41:10 +1100

Hi Jon,

I'm working on a project which has standard headers and footers, and we use
the following to call the include files;

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:include href="../document.xsl" />
<xsl:param name="title">Search Results</xsl:param>
<xsl:template name="body">
    <!-- your data here -->
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

to call the document.xsl which is like so:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:template match="*"/>
<!-- The main template that wraps the html tags, header and footer content
around the body template -->
<!-- when it finds the top level xml tag (document in my case) the template
is called -->
<xsl:template match="document">
<head>
<!-- any javascript you may want here -->
    </script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css"/>
   <title><xsl:value-of select="$title"/></title>
</head>
<!-- Your header info here -->
<xsl:call-template name="body"/><!-- this calls the body template in the
main xsl -->
<!-- Your footer info here -->
</xsl:template>

You will notice that each page has its own title because of the param in the
original xsl

Hope that this has been helpful.

Tim Watts