[xsl] Copy namespace definition to the result tree using xslt

Subject: [xsl] Copy namespace definition to the result tree using xslt
From: Kishorerc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:52:56 -0800

Hi,

I am trying to write an XSLT which will create a schema for the input tree.
I am not able to output the namespace definition to the result tree.

To illustrate my question, here's an example:

The XSLT file I am implementing looks like the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
	<xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"
indent="yes"/>

	<xsl:template match = "/">
		<mytesting>
			<xsd:schema
			<xsl:apply-templates/>
			</xsd:schema>
		</mytesting>
	</xsl:template>

	<xsl:template match = "test">
		<xsd:element name="abc" type="xsd:string"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>

The EXPECTED OUTPUT file from the XSLT file should look like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	<transactions xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema">
	<mytesting>
		<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema">
<-- problem line

			<xsd:element name="abc" type="xsd:string"/>
		</xsd:schema>
	</mytesting>

But the ACTUAL OUTPUT file looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	<transactions xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema">
	<mytesting>
		<xsd:schema>   <-- problem line
			<xsd:element name="abc" type="xsd:string"/>
		</xsd:schema>
	</mytesting>

so Here's my problem:  I am unable to copy the namespace of xsd in
xsd:schema element(indicated by the problem line) to the target xml file.
I've done a number of experiments to try to get this work... and have thus
far has no luck, does anyone have any idea on how I could solve this
problem??

Thanks in advance,

KC