[xsl] how do i implement a WHILE like function

Subject: [xsl] how do i implement a WHILE like function
From: "Vinh Luu" <vluu@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 16:27:48 -0600

Here's what I'm trying to do:

    I have a list of results that can be 100 rows long, with 25 lines per
page which equals 4 pages.  Now, the server passes to me only 25 rows at a
time and also passes to me the total number pages (4) and the current page.

Now, I want to take this info and us XSLT to build a footer that looks
something like:

row 1
row 2 ...
row 25        (ignore the rows)
Page (2 or 4)   1  2  3  4        (each number in this row a link)

How do I do this?  I was thinking of passing parameters to a template
recursively or using the known number of rows to do a for-each and increment
a counter variable (but this limits the number of pages to the total number
of rows on the page).

Does anyone have any sample code or advice?  Thanks.

vinh.