[xsl] XML/XSL replace Java Applet

Subject: [xsl] XML/XSL replace Java Applet
From: Qi Li <qli1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 14:46:17 -0600

I am new to XML/XSL.  Can anyone shine any light on this?

Some one said XML/XSL will replace Java Applet.   I heard this comment from
one of the presenter in a seminar.

I have one question related to this comment:

Can XML/XSL handle the Java AWT or Jswing components?
Which means that having the XML or XSL not only show Jswing component on
the web browser but also the component shall function as intended.   For
instance,

1.) For a button component, click the button to invoke another window, the
window shall pop up.

2.) The component can receive random notification event from the server.
(Corba server, web server ...)

Thanks in advance,

Vivian