RE: [xsl] Selection through a Dropdown List box

Subject: RE: [xsl] Selection through a Dropdown List box
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:38:53 -0000

> I have a xml file which looks like this
>
> <Address>
> 	<Business>
> 		<Street> 2000 MaryLane Wonderland </Street>
> 		<City> Paradise </City>
> 	</Business>
> 	<Home>
> 		<Street> 1000 Snow Mountain View </Stree>
> 		<City> SnowLand </City>
> </Address>
>
> If my Html page Should show a dropdown list containing 2 elements
> Business and Home
>
> And based on what is selected it should show corresponding address
> in a textarea next to it how can we do it.

Start by dividing the problem into two:
(a) decide what the HTML page should be like
(b) decide what XSLT you need to write in order to generate this HTML

There are basically two design approaches: when the user selects something
from the dropdown, you can invoke Javascript that populates the textarea
directly; or you can invoke JavaScript that invokes a second XSLT
transformation that populates the textarea.

Mike Kay