Re: [xsl] treeViewer

Subject: Re: [xsl] treeViewer
From: Jiri Jirat <Jiri.Jirat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 08:49:47 +0100

Hello Tobi,
 I have tried that with off-line transformation
with Saxon (on Linuxi, i.e. full saxon) and used Netscape 4.7x and
Mozilla 0.7
as a browser.

Please, do not blame Saxon, this is fault of Netscape 4.7x,
it is not very good browser (if we talk about CSS support etc.)

Regards
Jirka

Tobias Reif wrote:

> Mike,
>
> your treeviewer
> http://skew.org/xml/stylesheets/treeview/
> is great to visualize the structure of any XML-doc
> :)
> I'm working on a
> structure-visualization-XSLTransformation to SVG.
>
> The treeviewer ran better in MSXML3.0 than in
> instant-saxon6.0.2;
> the text-contents had many spaces before them, when
> saxon was used.
>
> So:
>
> instant saxon6.0.2 with NN4.7:
> slow transformation (nothing new; I know I should use
> full saxon ;) ), hang on display (as you noted)
> and vast amounts of spaces.
>
> MSXML3.0 with IE5.5:
> fast transformation, quick display, and clean
> text-content-boxes.
>
> I like saxon + NN way more than MSXML + IE, but in
> this case, ...
>
> Tobi
>
> =====
> Tobias Reif  http://www.pinkjuice.com/svg/  http://www.pinkjuice.com/
>        _/  /

 <name firstName="Jirka" surname="Jirat"/>
 <mail>     jiratj@xxxxxxxxx  </mail>
 <support>  http://www.zvon.org </support>