Cocoon ignoring xsl:output?

Subject: Cocoon ignoring xsl:output?
From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 22:37:01 -0800

Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem; we're using cocoon/jakarta/
xerces/etc to apply a stylesheet dynamically to create WML.  The
XSLT includes the following:

<xsl:output method="xml"
            omit-xml-declaration="no"
            indent="yes"
            doctype-system="http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml"
            doctype-public="-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN"/>

However, the resulting output has the following qualities:

1.  An HTML 4 DTD in the DOCTYPE instead of the WML DOCTYPE
    specified above.

2.  Outputs <br/> as <br>, which I think indicates that for some
    reason it is outputting as method="html" not method="xml".

I don't know why it's doing this; I'm just the XSL/XML hack and
someone else is dealing with the server aspects.  I think it's his
problem to solve, and he is beginning to believe me, but we are not
sure where to start looking.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks in advance,

--Kynn