Re: namespaces in XSL Help

Subject: Re: namespaces in XSL Help
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 21:29:36 -0700 (MST)

Rosa I-Ting Cheng wrote:
> I know that there are 2 namespaces for XSL available:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl and http://www.w3.org/1999/xsl/Transform
>
> can anyone tell me what's the difference?

The first one became meaningless effective April 1999. The only XSL
processor that recognizes it is MSXML, like the one that is used by
stock installations of Internet Explorer 5. Use the 2nd one (but
capitalize XSL) and upgrade your version of MSXML.

This URL gets posted about 5 times a day on this list:

http://www.netcrucible.com/xslt/msxml-faq.htm

Go there.

   - Mike