RE: Equivalent of a Global Counter

Subject: RE: Equivalent of a Global Counter
From: Matthew Bentley <matthew.bentley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 13:32:21 +1100

>You can of course preserve the state by passing the number as a
>parameter in every apply-templates and declaring it as a parameter to
>every template, but this is rarely the best way of tackling a problem.

Like I said, this is a problem as the number will decrement on exit of an
element, meaning that it is not unique within the document (the same number
can be used twice).
M@
WARNING -This e-mail, including any attachments, is for the
personal use of the recipient(s) only.
Republication and re-dissemination, including posting to news
groups or web pages, is strictly prohibited without the express
prior consent of
Thomson Legal & Regulatory Group Asia Pacific Ltd
ACN 058 914 668