Re: apply-templates iside for-each?

Subject: Re: apply-templates iside for-each?
From: Colin Muller <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 10:44:04 +0800

Norman Walsh wrote:

> / Colin Muller <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> was heard to say:
> | Maybe a template selected by your apply-templates attempts to do an
> | apply-imports? The error message appears to be a typo in the XT code -
>
> Yes, I expect that's the case. Drat.

Looking at this at the level of the spec, I'm a bit confused as to why
the null template rule inside a for-each (which leads to this error)
should not be replaced, in a case like yours, by whatever template rule
the apply-templates within that for-each introduces. What is this
restriction seeking to achieve or avoid? Or should processors in fact
replace the null template rule in that case?

Colin