Re: Error using MSXML Sept. Release

Subject: Re: Error using MSXML Sept. Release
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:55:16 -0700

ciaran byrne wrote:

> ...The error is:
>
> Attribute 'test' is invalid on 'xsl:otherwise'

xsl:otherwise, I believe, *has* no test attribute. You put all the tests in
the xsl:whens, with the xsl:otherwise being an optional "if all the above
tests fail" condition. So the value of the test attribute, if there were one,
would always equal the negation of the union of all of the tests provided by
xsl:whens. If MSXML used to accept it, now rejects it, it's safe to guess that
you're seeing evidence of better conformance with the spec.

> But, I thougth the namespace declaration:
>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
> was correct.

It is. :)

> FYI - the stylesheets worked in July release and XML SPY

XML Spy uses MSXML to provide its XML/XSLT capabilities, if I recall
correctly. If it *still* works in XML Spy even though you've upgraded, there
must be another copy of the msxml engine lying around somewhere... maybe in
one of the XML Spy directories?