RE: Grouping by name(), and tagging first item of group

Subject: RE: Grouping by name(), and tagging first item of group
From: Lee Goddard <LGoddard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:05:48 +0100

Thanks Mike. I'll try to be more precise.
If @TITLE='', then I'd like to display some
text based on the value of name().  I'd like
to do this over twenty-odd different elements,
so have been looking for a programmatic solution.
Thought of using name() to call a template, but
of course, the template that would make that call
is already has the name name().

So I thought (below) of creating a template that
would produce the text to present when @TITLE='',
based on name() plus a "x" or something, to
differentiate, which was the confusion below.

I'm lost.  Please help: a reference to a page in
the book would be a great help.

Thanks in anticipation,
Lee

I wrote: