RE: XSLT V 1.1

Subject: RE: XSLT V 1.1
From: Eckenberger Axel <Extern.Eckenberger@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:02:08 +0200

Paul,

Extending it to make it simpler, while still providing all the functionality
it currently provides.

> Your .zip file contains 16 files. ( Only one XSL file ).
>
> If the advantage of current document() shows
> itself only on 15 XML files, I don't think this
> advantage is healthy.

Well, Jeni put it simpler ....

This is the point I tried to prove (although a bit more elaborate)!!! This
works under the current XSLT 1.0 specification! Before you make statements
like this, read the documentation, _please_!!!

I used 16 files as I tried to provide you with 3 use cases and an
application that uses them. Furthermore, I also described the 6 use cases I
could deduce from reading the spec and evaluated your proposal against them.
I do not negate the fact that you try to simplify the "big bad monster of
the document function" :-), but I a) cannot see the point of doing it
(althought I admit that the description in the spec is a bit difficult to
understand) and b) want to make sure taht if it has to be admended, it
supports all the existing usecases. In oposition to you I _do_ believe that
the defined usecases are valid and do provide the developer with a great
deal of freedom in the way that she/he can use the function (once they
understand it from the spec ;-), which took me a while ...).

I don't get you wrong here and I do understand that it might be a bit of an
overkill, but the whole thing can be explained by looking at the XSL file,
the rest is just additional information to provide a working model that can
be verified.

And do not forget you asked for it ...
<quote>

</quote>

Before you reply that it is possible with your function ...

Bye

Axel