Re: illegal elements must go...

Subject: Re: illegal elements must go...
From: Jeni Tennison <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 21:08:38 +0100

Gary Peskin wrote:
>Jeni Tennison wrote:
>>
>> This works in SAXON.  It doesn't work in Xalan, which ignores the illegal
>> nodes that occur at the end of the 'entry': either Xalan doesn't produce an
>> empty string when generate-id() is called on an empty node set, or it
>> doesn't like having key values that are empty strings.
>
>This works fine in the current version of Xalan (1.2.D02).  I just
>tested it.

I knew straight after I sent it that I should have been more specific with
versions.  I was testing with Xalan-C++ 0.40.0 (Win32), which as far as I
can tell is the latest version of Xalan-C++ (I can't see a more recent one
on xml.apache.org).  It doesn't work with that.

Cheers,

Jeni

Jeni Tennison
http://www.jenitennison.com/