Certain chars break transformation process. Guru wanted!

Subject: Certain chars break transformation process. Guru wanted!
From: "Braun Online" <braunonline@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 19:20:17 GMT

Hi all,

Where have I gone wrong? Whenever I try to perform an XSLT transformation on an XML file which has the registered symbol (®), the XSLT programes read the symbol as two characters (Â and ®) which are adjacent and output this character: « . I'm not sure if these characters I've posted will display properly, but suffice it to say that the problem is that transforming an XML doc which has the registered symbol ends up outputting different characters. Is there any way to avoid this?

Thanks,
Steve