Re: Which XML parser gives the most amount of detail regarding invali d XML files?

Subject: Re: Which XML parser gives the most amount of detail regarding invali d XML files?
From: madhu <bmadi_1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 16:40:44 +0530

Hi,
The command line utility can take the following flags and arguments (the flags are case insensitive):

-TT (Trace the templates as they are being called)
-TG (Trace each result tree generation event)
-TS (Trace each selection event)
-TTC (Trace the template children as they are being processed)
-VALIDATE (Validate the XML and XSL input -- validation is off by default)
-EDUMP [optional]FileName (Do stackdump on error)

i think the -TT,  -TG, -TS  or -TTC in combination with -VALIDATE should be
give you more verbose report .
hope this helps

regards
maddy

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:
> I have been given some XML-files which I accidentially discovered to be invalid according to the DTD, by using the "-validate yes" option to Xalan.
>
> Unfortunately I cannot make Xalan make better reports than:
>
>   Parser error: The content of element type "ENTRY" is incomplete, it
>   must match "(HEADING,FLAGS*,(ENTRY|MODULE)+)".
>
> which doesn't tell me where the invalid tag is located.  The Xalan-J mail archives are off-line, so I have been unable to see there.
>
> Is there a more specific configuration or parser I can use for this purpose?  Almost anything will do :-)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> --
>   Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen   "...and...Tubular Bells!"

		The glory of past is an illusion
		so is the glory of future
					---unknown