RE: disable-output-escaping

Subject: RE: disable-output-escaping
From: "Chris Bayes" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 08:58:35 +0100

Well as you are doing it client-side why not put you xml in an island
and just put an xpath to the node in a formfield attribute then
post the island xml back to the server instead of the form
<XML id="XMLDATA">
<myform>
  <formfield1 value="" />
</myform>
</XML>
<form name="myform">
	<input type="text" name="formfield1"
onchange="updateXML('/myform/formfield1/@value', this)" value="somevalue" />
	<input type="button" onclick="mySubmit()" />
</form>
<script>
function updateXML(path , obj){
XMLDATA.documentElement.selectSingleNode(path).nodeValue = obj.value;
}
</script>

You could do
<input type="text" name="formfield1" onchange="updateXML(this)"
path="/myform/formfield1/@value" value="somevalue" />
etc.

Ciao Chris