RE: Would you use Cocoon to a big project?

Subject: RE: Would you use Cocoon to a big project?
From: "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gaspar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:46:17 +0200

For me it is too big, too young, not enough documented.

I am using now using:
  Apache Tomcat: Web Server;
  FreeMarker   : A simple and efficient template mechanism that
                 our designers and I prefer to XSLT;
                 (http://freemarker.sourceforge.net/)
  Oracle       : A not too expensive database that indexes XML.

Freemarker is more tollerant than XSLT, which avoids a lot of
wellformedness issues. Besides, it is more flexible for that
task.

It is simple, fast, well documented and has enough features to
build on top of it. Ah... and it is OpenSource.

XSLT is great for other stuff, as XML transforming. But in my
experience, Freemarker saves me a lot of time.

There are other interesting template mechanisms tolerant about
the well-formedness of your templates:
  - WebMacro (http://www.webmacro.org/);
  - Tea (http://opensource.go.com/);

All Java Opensource.