RE: when and xsl:choose

Subject: RE: when and xsl:choose
From: RSuiter@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 17:15:57 -0500

Heather Lindsay:
>try changing the word "match" to "test" in your <xsl:when> statements.

In the original example you were getting the <xsl:otherwise> result,
because all the tests failed.
This should fix that.
In the old IE5 dialect of xsl, you could (sometimes) get away with "match"
where the spec says "test",
so if you're coming from there you could easily go astray.
Come to think of it, that is generally true of the IE5 dialect, isn't it?

I found in switching over from IE5 to real xslt, I had to review each
"match" and "test" to make up for the mistakes I'd made that IE5 had let me
get away with.

Rick Suiter