RE: Abstract Interpretation of XSLT stylesheets

Subject: RE: Abstract Interpretation of XSLT stylesheets
From: "Hutchison, Nigel" <Nigel.Hutchison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 12:59:50 +0200

>>Is any one out there working on abstract interpretation of
>>XSLT stylesheets
>>using a document schema as input?

>Would you like to expand on that just a little please?

In the function programming world, people use abstract interpretation to do
useful things like type checking and strictness analysis - XSLT is a
functional language - ergo ...... .

You can find useful things about a stylesheet if it applied to a document of
a particular type.

I can't be the only person on the planet to make this inference so I would
be interested to find another.

>is this following on from the xml-europe paper
>http://www.gca.org/papers/xmleurope2000/papers/s36-02.html
>by any chance?

Actually no, but it is quite interesting.

>REgards DaveP

regards

Nigel Hutchison