Newbie question with XSL and functions

Subject: Newbie question with XSL and functions
From: "Williams, Christopher" <Christopher_Williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:27:54 -0400

I am new to using XSL and have a question.  I have a conversion that I need
to do over and over again on a certain type of data through-out my
stylesheet.  I was wondering if there is a concept of a function in XSL that
I can pass in some text and get it back formatted in a different way.  If
there is, could I get sometype of example code segment or a link of where I
might be able to find something on-line.  The conversion I need to do is to
transform a decimal degrees value to a degrees:minutes:second format.
Thanks
Chris