RE: template conflicts

Subject: RE: template conflicts
From: Jeni Tennison <Jeni.Tennison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 18:38:34 +0100

Linda,

>*NO*. My stylesheet does have the includes before the import, but XT does
>not complain. That must be a bug, then?

It's a bug (and may be a known one) that XT doesn't complain.  Section
2.6.2 (Stylesheet Import) says:

"The xsl:import element children must precede all other element children of
an xsl:stylesheet element, including any xsl:include element children."

So, you should move your xsl:import so that they're right at the top of
your stylesheet.  It might even be that it will work if you do that.

The other thing you could try is changing the xsl:includes into
xsl:imports.  I haven't played around with this, but according to my
reading of the spec, if you do that *later* xsl:imports have higher import
priority than earlier ones (and thus their templates are executed in
preference).

Hope that helps,

Jeni

Dr Jeni Tennison
Epistemics Ltd, Strelley Hall, Nottingham, NG8 6PE
Telephone 0115 9061301 ? Fax 0115 9061304 ? Email
jeni.tennison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx