Re: Mozilla. Re: Netscape Support for XSL - client vs server rant

Subject: Re: Mozilla. Re: Netscape Support for XSL - client vs server rant
From: Paul Tchistopolskii <paul@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 20:40:38 -0700

From: Keith Visco

> > I don't understand why now nobody can even *touch*  that monster.
>
> What are you talking about? This makes no sense (to me).

I will explain once again.

> > Nobody is critisizing you. The statement was:
> >
> > Heather Lindsay wrote:
> > > The only ones you can blame are microsoft and mazilla for not being able to
> > > keep up with technology that changes every day (are we asking for too much?).
> >
> > Excuse me - what is wrong  with this statement?
>
> I already told you...feel free to re-read my posting, and if I haven't
> presented my arguments clear enough then I apologize, but I don't know
> how else to express it.

I think I now understand your problem. You are separating "XSLT part
of Mozilla" effort from "the Mozilla itself" ( because you are insider
and for you those two things are different ). From outsider's point of
view there is no difference between "Mozilla project" and
"XSLT part of Mozilla".  Frankly, even after your explanation
I still don't understand why those 2 projects should be considered
to be very different. If at some point some AOL manager will decide
that he wants to improve the situation in XSLT part and will assign
some  ex-Netscape employees to that task - what will be a difference
between XSLT part of Mozilla and some other part of Mozilla ?

Heather 'blamed' the Mozilla project ( even I still can not see where
is 'blaming'  in his sentence, that I have quoted ), you started blaming him
and 'people who ...'. To me this was plain example of "free-software
brainwashing propaganda" which recently takes place in this world and
I consider that "free-software brainwashing propaganda"  to be not only
influencing, but sometimes very destructive. That's why I tried to explain
that I see no sense in some of your statements blaming 'people who
want too much'  from "us" who are  "working for the society for free".

I decided that it was not fair to balme Heather for his ( very polite
and accurate)  words. ( and I still think that it was not fair, because the
original ( his ) posting was not blaming anyone. ).

Now, after I explained my  sentence which makes no sense, I think that I'm
done with this thread. If you want  to explain me why I should never say things
like  : "Mozilla is this and that" only because I'm not participating in that
( very specific ) project - I suggest we'll continue discussion off-list.

Rgds.Paul.

PS.  Even you are not considering to use STLport - I still suggest
to take some look on STLport  project before you ( or somebody else )
will  think about writing yet another implementation of  hashtable.

Disclaimer. I have no benefits from STLport ( in *any* way). I'm not
related to that project  ( in *any*  way ).  I just know what is behind
that project and who is behind that project.