RE: display in a recursive way

Subject: RE: display in a recursive way
From: "Paulo Gaspar" <Paulo.Gaspar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:44:38 +0200

I have been using MSXML3, which is in beta. Even in MSXML3 (although M$
states that the XPath spec is now completely implemented), the sibling
axis of XPath is not implemeted. So... the error you get is due to MSXML
not knowing the "following-sibling" instruction.

I thing one can make a work around by indexing the elements. Something
like getting the current element position in a variable...
    <xsl:variable name="mypos"><xsl:value-of
select="position()"/></xsl:variable>

...and then rewriting the "following-sibling" path like
    ..\itemdesc[position() &gt; {$mypos}]

Please be aware that I am not sure about the "{}" brackets around
"$mypos" in the path and that I did not test this thing. But my recent
experience suggests that something like this should help getting an
equivalent xpath in MSXML3. NOT in the IE5 MSXML version.

Have fun,

Paulo Gaspar